I am definitely not a morning person. In fact, I will never be a morning person. But none the less, my schedule calls for me to get up in the mornings and seize the day! I have realized that I have a much easier time rolling out of bed when I have a consistent morning routine down. Some days I have to roll with it, but most of the time I stick with my schedule. Yes, I actually do schedule my routine into my day planner! Here is a peek at what my morning looks like.
- Make a cup of coffee and grab a water. I’d like to start drinking hot water with lemon before my coffee but I haven’t been able to get going without the caffeine yet!
- Read a chapter or two of my Bible, pray, and read a daily devotional. I always try to make this the first thing I do (okay, besides the coffee). I find that when I start my day with God it is a much better day. If it’s a good day, it’s extra good. If it’s a bad day, I feel like I can get through it with less anxiety and stress.
- Journal. I journal for 30 minutes about anything and everything! I work on another form of writing, usually for the blog, for another 30 minutes.
- Dishes. Not my favorite chore, but loading/unloading the dishwasher first thing makes the house look so much cleaner. Also, I will throw in a load of laundry as well.
- Get ready! Shower, make up, the whole the deal.
My goal is to also add my workout to my morning routine. I’m thinking about getting a gym membership and trying out some workout classes. I have been in a bit of a fitness rut and want to get back on track!
What is your morning routine? Do you have any practices you want to start implementing in the morning? Let me know in the comments below!