Today while I was grocery shopping, I forgot my headphones in my car. This meant I had plenty of time to my own thoughts as I strolled through the aisles. I am reading a book that inspired me to think of some lessons I have learned that I apply to my everyday life. Since I am in my mid twenties, I came up with 25 life lessons that help me to run my days smoothly.
- Never go shopping on an empty stomach, not to the grocery store or the mall.
- Take 5 minutes of each day to stop and really observe your pets. They will bring you joy.
- Bring a jacket everywhere, in fact leave one in your car.
- Know how to put air in your tires and how to fix minor car issues (or know who to call when you can’t.)
- Have a go to “five minute” face.
- Go to bed earlier. It really is true that nothing good happens after midnight.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Gossip less.
- It’s okay to lose old friendships and it’s okay to gain new ones.
- Talk to your siblings and parents at least once a week.
- It’s okay if you aren’t that close with your grandparents.
- Splurge on a good mattress. You won’t regret it.
- Be open.
- If you’re so happy you feel like celebrating, then go celebrate.
- Know what will get you out of a slump.
- Know how to cook a couple of dishes.
- Always ask what you can bring when someone is hosting a party.
- Smile at others.
- Put your shopping cart in the cart return when finished.
- Get your exercise out of the way, you’ll be glad that you did it.
- Wake up earlier and establish a morning routine.
- Visit your local library at least once a month.
- It’s okay to not like texting.
- Limit your time on social media.
What are some of your life lessons? Do you follow any of these? Let me know in the comments below.
My Husband and I
Hello there! My name is Tayler. I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love lists. I think the best way to get to know me is for me to just list it all out there for you!
- I love candles.
- I am in my mid 20s and live in Indiana
- I have two cats named Snax and Mochi. They are my babies. Snax is a Torti and Mochi is half Siamese.
- I have been married for a little over a year.
- I love organizing and decluttering.
- I love coffee, coffee shops, adorable restaurants, etc.
- My favorite foods are pulled pork and salads (pasta salad, potato salad, macaroni salad…;))
- Halloween is my favorite holiday followed by Thanksgiving and The Fourth of July.
- I have decided to start this blog because I love reading blogs and wanted to share with you what else I love.
Mochi and Snax
- Fall is my favorite season even though it doesn’t last very long in Indiana.
- I love Mountain Dew but am trying to drink more water.
- New York and Miami are my favorite places to travel to.
- I love going out to eat.
- I enjoy taking walks and riding bikes with my husband.
- I like hanging out with my parents.
- My brother and I talk on the phone in the early morning due to different time zones.
- I don’t enjoy cooking. You probably won’t find any recipes here!
- I like taking classes to learn new skills.
Brooklyn Bridge and City Views
- I’m not very crafty but like the idea of craft projects.
- I like buying presents for people.
- Few things please me more than buying new stationary. Journals, thank you cards, post it notes. Those are my jam.
- I was in a sorority in college and love giving back to a great organization.
- My husband and I both went to Purdue. Boiler up!
- I am a night owl but in the process of becoming a morning person. It’s been a little rough.
- I love reading and going to the library.
So there is a little bit about me. Leave me a comment if you can relate to any of the facts about me! Anything you want me to write about? I’m excited to see where this goes! Thanks for stopping by!