I am definitely not a morning person. In fact, I will never be a morning person. But none the less, my schedule calls for me to get up in the mornings and seize the day! I have realized that I have a much easier time rolling out of bed when I have a consistent morning routine down. Some days I have to roll with it, but most of the time I stick with my schedule. Yes, I actually do schedule my routine into my day planner! Here is a peek at what my morning looks like.
- Make a cup of coffee and grab a water. I’d like to start drinking hot water with lemon before my coffee but I haven’t been able to get going without the caffeine yet!
- Read a chapter or two of my Bible, pray, and read a daily devotional. I always try to make this the first thing I do (okay, besides the coffee). I find that when I start my day with God it is a much better day. If it’s a good day, it’s extra good. If it’s a bad day, I feel like I can get through it with less anxiety and stress.
- Journal. I journal for 30 minutes about anything and everything! I work on another form of writing, usually for the blog, for another 30 minutes.
- Dishes. Not my favorite chore, but loading/unloading the dishwasher first thing makes the house look so much cleaner. Also, I will throw in a load of laundry as well.
- Get ready! Shower, make up, the whole the deal.
My goal is to also add my workout to my morning routine. I’m thinking about getting a gym membership and trying out some workout classes. I have been in a bit of a fitness rut and want to get back on track!
What is your morning routine? Do you have any practices you want to start implementing in the morning? Let me know in the comments below!
Today while I was grocery shopping, I forgot my headphones in my car. This meant I had plenty of time to my own thoughts as I strolled through the aisles. I am reading a book that inspired me to think of some lessons I have learned that I apply to my everyday life. Since I am in my mid twenties, I came up with 25 life lessons that help me to run my days smoothly.
- Never go shopping on an empty stomach, not to the grocery store or the mall.
- Take 5 minutes of each day to stop and really observe your pets. They will bring you joy.
- Bring a jacket everywhere, in fact leave one in your car.
- Know how to put air in your tires and how to fix minor car issues (or know who to call when you can’t.)
- Have a go to “five minute” face.
- Go to bed earlier. It really is true that nothing good happens after midnight.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Gossip less.
- It’s okay to lose old friendships and it’s okay to gain new ones.
- Talk to your siblings and parents at least once a week.
- It’s okay if you aren’t that close with your grandparents.
- Splurge on a good mattress. You won’t regret it.
- Be open.
- If you’re so happy you feel like celebrating, then go celebrate.
- Know what will get you out of a slump.
- Know how to cook a couple of dishes.
- Always ask what you can bring when someone is hosting a party.
- Smile at others.
- Put your shopping cart in the cart return when finished.
- Get your exercise out of the way, you’ll be glad that you did it.
- Wake up earlier and establish a morning routine.
- Visit your local library at least once a month.
- It’s okay to not like texting.
- Limit your time on social media.
What are some of your life lessons? Do you follow any of these? Let me know in the comments below.